Content Marketing Copywriter
VocabularySpellingCity is a game-based website and app used to build literacy skills with vocabulary and spelling for K-12th grade. The site and app is widely used, with approximately 6% of US elementary school students using the service. VocabularySpellingCity is a freemium model, with paid membership growing steadily. Visit spellingcity.com.
Science4Us is an interactive standards-based science curriculum for early elementary education available on the web and as an iPad app. Visit science4us.com.
We are seeking a Content Marketing Copywriter to write, coordinate and implement digital marketing campaigns. Projects will include writing for email marketing, social media posts, success stories, product web pages, press releases, video scripts, and occasional print ad copy for VocabularySpellingCity and Science4Us, consistent with marketing and brand strategies.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Exceptional English verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding of the digital landscape and an affinity for technology and online marketing
- A background in education
- Experience in email marketing
- Experience in social media, content development, community development/engagement, and relationship building
- Analytics understanding to track and report results of digital marketing efforts
The position is onsite in Ft. Lauderdale, FL (HQ). It can be filled with a full-time or part-time employee (at least 24 hours/week).
Opportunity! There is some flexibility to adjust the position based on the skill level and interests of desirable candidates, however strong writing skills and previous teaching experience with edtech are the key elements in the hiring decision.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Draft, write, and edit email marketing campaigns targeted to teachers, parents, and homeschoolers.
- Research email marketing vendors to purchase lists, assessing cost effectiveness and relevance to target.
- Capture and report email metrics (from send to conversion) to ensure campaign optimization.
- Establish A/B tests to improve email marketing effectiveness. Follow email marketing best practices.
- Assist with writing/posting/community management of social media channels: Facebook groups, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn.
- Further develop our community building program, working with thought and community leaders among teachers and parents. This program includes relationship building for social media, blogging, and speakers at conferences.
- Maintain online visibility for our products in key directories and through paid advertising and advertorials as appropriate.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English, Education, Marketing or Communications
- Creative and accurate writing, proofreading and editing skills
- K-12 classroom teaching experience or previous experience in education marketing
- Ability to vary up the tone, language and style depending on the audience. (teacher, school district leader, parent, homeschooler)
- First-rate storyteller that delivers the right content to the right people in the right format
- SEO skills and experience with Google Analytics
- Highly organized
- Work effectively as part of a creative team with good interpersonal skills for collaboration
- Mobile advertising and responsive design experience helpful
- Problem solving ability and skill to adapt to shifting priorities to meet organizational goals
- Experience with a CMS platform a plus
We offer a competitive market salary with very generous medical and dental benefits as well as a matching retirement plan. We maintain a healthy work/life balance. All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. This position does not offer sponsorship. An equal opportunity employer.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter with a link to your online portfolio of creative communications and campaigns to email@example.com with the subject line “Content Marketing Copywriter.”
No phone calls. No recruiters.
Specialities: Education Solutions, Interactive Learning, Education Software, Learning Technology