Academic Sales Representative
VocabularySpellingCity is a game-based website and app used to build literacy skills with vocabulary and spelling for K-12th grade. The site and app is widely used, with approximately 6% of US elementary school students using the service. VocabularySpellingCity is a freemium model, with paid membership growing steadily. Visit spellingcity.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Inside Sales Representative to join our sales team in our Ft. Lauderdale, FL office. This position offers long-term career growth with an established leader in the K-12 marketplace. Ideal candidate would have experience as a classroom teacher and a strong sales background.
- Outbound telesales to generate new opportunities
- Respond to incoming inquiries by providing accurate program information
- Manage school/district accounts and maintain contact with decision makers throughout the subscription period
- Determine the needs of the school/district and make appropriate recommendations
- Record accurate information of customer interactions
- Identify potential lead lists and contact prospects to generate new sales opportunities
- Create monthly forecast to review with management
- Some travel may be required
Experience and Skills Required:
- 2+ years of successful inside sales experience, or classroom teaching experience
- Independent, self-motivated, and success-driven, yet able to take direction
- Knowledge of reading/language arts content a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-orientation and excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office applications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com is helpful
We offer a competitive market salary with very generous medical and dental benefits as well as a matching retirement plan. We maintain a healthy work/life balance. All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. This position does not offer sponsorship. An equal opportunity employer.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Academic Sales Representative.”
No phone calls. No recruiters.
Specialities: Education Solutions, Interactive Learning, Education Software, Learning Technology