We are a growing mid-sized company. We are on the cutting edge of technology for education with top tier sites and mobile apps, supporting millions of visitors a month on a range of platforms.
We have several development teams which range in size from 2 to 6 developers. Our teams use modern application development techniques and best practices, such as TDD and Agile methodologies.
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- 5+ years of PHP development experience (mostly in PHP 5.3+)
- 5+ years of Object-Oriented Design Principles, Design Patterns, DRY and other OO principles
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (PHPUnit, Jasmine, etc)
- Experience in refactoring and improving legacy code to use modern standards and tests
- Experience with writing MySQL queries and a proficient understanding of database performance
- Experience developing high performance web applications using current caching technologies (Memcache, Redis, etc)
- Experience working in Linux Operating System environments
Applicants will be expected to take a knowledge assessment test as part of the interview process. This is a full-time position requiring work on-site only. Competitive market salary with very generous medical and dental benefits as well as a matching retirement plan. We maintain a healthy work/life balance. All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. This position does not offer sponsorship. We are located next to I-95 at Cypress Creek in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “PHP Developer.”
No phone calls. No recruiters.